Aug 22, 2009
Over the past two days I've had quite a few people follow me. So, I headed over to learn a bit about who had followed me and I was very surprised at the number followers whose accounts had been suspended due to "suspicious activity".
I'm grateful that Twitter and the Twitter community police jerks and spammer accounts and that these accounts get shut down. Twitter must make sure that these types of people don't ruin the Twitter experience.
I do have a suggestion as to how Twitter can improve. It would be better if Twitter sent me a follower notification once the account as been deemed authentic. Instead of sending a notice immediately they should wait until the account is verified as real.
Aug 9, 2009
I was asked to review Mike Schultz's book "Professional Services Marketing".
There have been numerous reviews already about this book so I'm not going to summarize what the book is about. Instead I'm going to make one recommendation: buy it!
This book is a manual on how to market your professional services organization. It's not a book you read on vacation and then add to your library collection. It's a book you use to market and sell your services.
Some reasons why I believe this book is worth your investment in time and money:
- Mike's firm, the Wellesley Hills Group, through years of practice and results has applied the concepts and tactics outlined in the book. This is not a book based on theory it is based on experience and results.
- There are few books out there that focus on the unique realities of B2B marketing and business development. This is the most current and it uses real world research from the field.
- The book focuses on the things that matter to the business owner. Increasing revenue and profit.
- It provides you with tools you can use in your business in the area of revenue projection and results measurement.
- And finally, at MI6 (my agency) we are implementing tactics from this book for our clients. The result? A listening tour that helped a client properly define their value proposition, generate additional sales & a whack load of testimonials.
Here are some reviews that may be of interest:
Have you read the book? What did you think?