Sep 23, 2009

Mobile Twitter Apps List

I'm starting a list twitter applications that can be used on the Blackberry and iPhone (will add others end user devices). So, this is a "Post in progress".

The goal is to provide you a list of apps that includes:
  • Pros/cons (mine and others) of each looking through the lens of marketing and business development professional and other business users
  • Links to video demonstrations so you can see how it works
  • Where applicable I'll have a link to the person who tells me about the app. (Note: it will be a link to their Twitter profile).
Over time, I hope, this post will evolve. For this post to be useful to you I need know about apps you are using along with your pros, cons and ratings.


iPhone

TweetDeck is a popular desktop that is also available for Apple's iPhone.


Pros:
Free app (Desktop & iPhone), same interface for client and iPhone, you can manage multiple accounts, good demo walkthrough. Part of my core app package I use.

Cons:
Real time updates make me lose my place when reading tweets. Needs a pause button. They have not responded to tweets I sent regarding improvements/feedback.

Rating:
4 out of 5


Blackberry

Viigo is a broader Application Suite for various push based services you may want on your BlackBerry. Thanks to Alain Theriault for sending me a tweet about Viigo. Here's a video demo.

If you use Viigo please leave a comment re: pros, cons and rating. Thx.


UberTwitter is an app that Haig Sakouyan referred me to. Here's a video review.

If you use UberTwitter feel free to leave a comment re: pros, cons and rating. Thx.

No comments:

Post a Comment