A poll was recently taken asking Canadians to rate the leadership traits of Michael Ignatieff, Liberal party leader; Stephen Harper, Prime Minister and Jack Layton, New Democratic party leader.
One wonders if these same questions can be asked of business leaders?
1) Is honest and trustworthy
2) Has a vision for our company's future
3) Understands the problems of customers
4) Can manage the finances of the company effectively
5) Is strong and decisive leader
6) Understands complex issues
7) Generally agrees with you on issues you care about
8) Inspires confidence
9) Cares about the environment
It's an interesting comparison and maybe not an apples to apples comparison, but it makes one think.